Select a box that is bigger than the picture you need to pack.
- Keep the box flat or if the box has already been put together, break it apart.
- Tape one end of the box securely with packing tape.
- Place the picture in it's frame flat on an oversized piece of bubble wrap.
- Wrap the picture in the bubble wrap as you would if you were wrapping it to give as a present. Secure the wrapping with packing tape.
- Slide the picture into the opening of the box. Seal the end securely with packing tape.
- Mark the outside of the box, on both sides, "Fragile" and its location; living room, bedroom, kitchen, etc...
- When packing the box on the truck, keep the packed picture on its side, not flat. The picture will absorb pressure easier on its edge than when flat.
- If you want additional protection for the corners of your picture frames, you can purchase specialized cardboard protectors just for this purpose.
- Stack series of packed pictures on their edges inside a wardrobe box. Make sure they're secure by packing objects around them.
- On the moving truck, pack pictures on their edges and in a place where they won't fall over. Wedge them between heavy objects that will not shift during the move.
What You Need
- Appropriate size box
- Bubble wrap
- Packing Tape
- Pictures in their frames